Sunday 9 June 2013

Seeking some outfit-of-the-day photo advice...

When i originally started this blog i really wanted to aim it around various outfit posts and make it a very personal fashion based blog. A few months on and i am still yet to do this. I look at other fashion bloggers in so much envy. Their professional  looking photographs of themselves in their favorite garms always inspires me to go out and do the same. A few hiccups i have encountered whilst trying to do this, which is:

A. I don't have a nice background in my house to do them, my house is a bit of a maze and full of clutter, i don't think it would 'add' personality to the photo at all, i think it would scream 'that girl needs to stop collecting things'.

B. I DESPERATELY need to invest in a decent camera that i can actually do take the photographs on, i can use my phone camera, which isn't too bad but still, it could be better.

AND

C. Where do i even position the camera to try do take these photographs, other bloggers pictures always looks like someone has stood there for hours flicking their hair out of the way and shouting 'smile for the camera baby'. I know that a lot of the bloggers I'm referring to put SO much effort into their blogs and images, trust me, it pays off, i am incredibly jealous!

So really this post is just to seek some advice on how to take successful self timed photo's and maybe what a good camera would be to have this kind of self timed relationship with it, purr-say. I just want to share the inside of my wardrobe and silly outfits choices with you lovely people but not quite sure how without doing the typical mirror shot in my bedroom which isn't the most flattering way to do it.

You can catch me on:

Twitter
Facebook

Any comments or advice would be so gratefully received and sorry it's such a short whiny post with nothing pretty to gander at so to make up for it my next post is gonna just have to be bloody amazing.

Lots of love,
Madison

8 comments:

  1. I have the same problem sometimes, but after a while I just though screw it! and put outfit photos on my blog to the best of my ability. They're definitely not professional looking but I get a bit bored of magazine quality photos on blogs because they seem less attainable or real.

    I started looking at photos of my favourite bloggers and on Lookbook to see what could be done to make my photos better quality, like blurring the background, camera angles and having close-ups of accessories etc..

    I don't have a professional camera which I think makes a huge difference but I just make do with what I have.

    I don't know if that helps but that's my two cents haha. Also I love your blog and your vintage fashion!

    Marlee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what i need to do, just try different things :) what camera do you use btw? I can do like the close up's fine with my phone camera (Samsung galaxy s2) its pretty ancient now ha. But its the body shots on self timer which i find difficult. All this advice is very helpful, thankyou :)

      And thank you so much :D means alot! Xxx

      Delete
    2. Haha I also have a Samsung Galaxy s2! But the camera I use is a Canon Powershot SX500. It's pretty decent and has a great zoom. I bought it over a DSLR because I got to a lot of concerts and music festivals and you can't take professional cameras into them without a press pass.
      There are some really good compact DSLRs on the market atm called Hybrid Cameras I think. They look like compact cameras but you can add lenses onto them which you can't do with my camera.

      Delete
    3. Ahh phone twins :3 there nifty lil phones tbh. Oh wow i was looking at the powershot ones lastnight, is it 14 or 16 MP? Oh i didnt know that! Yeah i just wanna go to a shop with a camera in mind so i don't get conned into something awful! Im not a massive camera buff but it would be cool to change the lense styles. I wanted to get a Diana which is a lomography film camera but not practical for blogging :(

      Delete
    4. It's 16MP. I do love it but it doesn't have a night-time or movement setting so if you looking for a camera, make sure it has good automatic settings, unless you know how to use manual which I don't.
      I love the lomography cameras but yeah they'd be a lot of effort and very expensive to blog with.

      Delete
    5. Yeah i had a camera bought for me which was a canon but i was bought it coz i take loads of photos when im out at night but the motion sensor wasn't that great on it so it blurred a lot. I'll deffo look into getting a powershot :) yeah would be great if we could develop them and put them on our blogs but i doubt either of us has that kind of equipment :P

      Delete
  2. find the lightest part of your house, give your iphone to your mum/boyfriend/flatmate/random stranger and ask them to take a pic! it's only embarssing for a moment, i swear! i use pic monkey to edit mine, as i don't have photoshop, but this is online and free and does all the basics!

    i tend to think clutter = personality. each to their own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha i have asked my boyfriend to take photos before but i always forget when he's here, too embarrassed! :P Oo ill have to look into picmonkey, i used to use Picnik but the site went under :(

      My house is very cluttered but not in a good way :P

      Thanks for the advice love!

      Delete