Thursday 18 April 2013

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."


Okay so there are a few white lies in this quote. I am certainly not or ever been to Kansas and i sadly don't have a lovely cute dog like Toto for a pet. But i love the symbolism behind this. I moved to Leicester three years ago and had never quite settled, i have moved five times since being here and have always been on edge. I was lucky to have found such a beautiful home with my best friend Stephanie. We have been here for nearly a year now and it's usually around this time that we need to be packing up and moving on to a new place. Luckily this time round, we don't have to! It's finally becoming home to me. After moving the third time i really did detest trying to make my room personal and cosy because i saw no point. Alas i have now started putting my mark on the house, slowly but surely its getting there. 

My room is fairly small but i like it that way, my things adorn the walls, i have a bookcase full of jewelry pots, patterned boxes and my Cath Kidston sewing box, which is my pride and joy. I have floral and heart shaped bunting that lines two of the walls, I'm not usually a poster type of person, i am very particular about posters as they have a tendency to become tattered. The posters i do have are simple and quaint. Two of which are actually sheets of wrapping paper from the V&A (shhh). The one above my headboard is my favorite, it's of the art-deco Absinthe girl.The other is one of those cliche 'Keep calm' Pastel pink and has the phrase '...and eat a cupcake.' PERFECT for my mentality at times! My bed was from a second hand shop, a swirled black metal frame with fairy lights wrapped around the posts.


My room is very girly and cluttered, i really wouldn't have it any other way. Still working on making my garden lovely for summer so hopefully it'll be nice enough to do a post about.

 Sorry I've been so neglectful recently, been mad busy with my uni application and work at the bar. Looking forward to my blog meet up with Tori, Paige and Chloe in Birmingham! Hopefully the sun will be shining and the trains will be on time! 

Thanks for reading, 

love Madison






2 comments:

  1. Awww, Maddie, your room is so bleeding pretty! I have done absolutely nothing with this flat at all and you are very much making me want to! Thank you so much for letting us have a little look at your lovely lovely room :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you love! It's only a few little ornaments and things but it feels so much better to have my junk around me! I can't wait to have a place that i can properly decorate, paint pastel stripes down the wall! Thank you for the lovely comment :) xxx

      Delete