Monday 18 March 2013

Dippy dye doo dah!

So i finally caved and decided to dip dye my hair. Let me explain why this is a bit of a big deal. I was on a bleach ban since i went crazy and kept doing it way too much. When i had VERY short white hair id go to my lovely hairdressers, Malcolm Murphy Hair, he would tut and hold up the ends of my hair then proceed to tell me i couldn't go on bleaching my hair. So i said goodbye to the white and hello to the auburn brown. I liked it, i was in shock seeing as i hadn't had brown hair for such a long time! Its been a fair few months now of living with the change and my hair actually feels like hair. ABOUT TIME! It's growing longer and is so much thicker. But alas, i was getting bored of it. So today i went and bought some bleach and did the ends of my hair. I kept it on for about 30 minutes then had a panic that it was burning my new nice thick hair so i took it off. To my disappointment it didn't really make much a difference, so being an ex bleach junkie i layered the bleach back on for round two. Left it for 45 minutes this time. Naughty. But it did make an difference! I was thrilled with how it turned out and what a difference it is to my hair. It's only subtle but i feel better now because i was bored of not dying it. I would advise watching a Youtube video on how to dip dye, the first time i did it, i hadn't of rubbed where the blonde/ginger was meant to fade to my natural hair colour so it looked a tad block-like. On the second round i did rub it in to make sure it was a fade and it worked! It still feels like healthy hair, i made sure of that by lathering it in Argan Oil.

Here's the finished product:



It's not as blonde as i want it but it will get there, gonna wait a few weeks (or days) then go over it again. I used a 12% peroxide and Blondor blue powder by Wella. The safest and best product i have used on my hair for years. It can be found in most hair dressing wholesaler's. This is a little change but has made a huge difference to my meh  hair related mood. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or tips on how to do it better next time. This was just a little quick post because i haven't in such a long time and i got excited to show off my new hair :)

Promise to blog something bigger & better next time!

Thanks for reading!

P.S
 I didn't just spend my days off dying my hair. I also watched one of my all time favourite films. The Breakfast Club.

Enjoy 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment