Sunday 17 February 2013

So a little birdy told me it's fashion week...

So seeing as i couldn't physically be at Fashion Week 2013 (SOB!) I've been doing a lot of catching up online on the official London Fashion Week website and majority of the high-lights are now flooding the pages of my most loved magazines, Company, Vogue and Elle. It's amazing how different each catwalk show can be and   to see which direction our spring/summer trends will be heading in the high-street any day now. So if you're like myself, and want to know a heads up but couldn't quite make it to the front rows of LFW (joke, as if i could be in that hot seat) then these posts will just be a brief flash of my favourite shows and trends that I've seen on my screen! I'm gonna be doing a few posts about the week as there's SO much to cram in.






To kick this all off, 'Moschino Cheap And Chic' show really caught my eye, with it's wild colours and strong 70's vibe. Throughout the entire collection we see bright oranges, mini dresses and oddly enough, A LOT of pineapple prints. It's quirky and has steered from the typical neutral pastels that are still on trend from last spring. Platforms are making a come back, from Brothal creepers to almost  ridiculous Austin Powers-esque boots, we can see that it's here to stay.








Moschino does allow a few pastels in the collection though, with soft sheer 3/4 length blouses and floaty midi skirts with a floral twist. But adding an edge to the Downton abbey vibe, throw in a chunky pair of orange lace up leather platforms. This is one of my personal faves from the spring/summer collection because it's so fresh and crisp compared to all the coats and scarves everybody still wears at the moment, i cannot wait for spring and this outfit sums it all up for me.





Without letting you guys miss out on what i meant by a few pineapples thrown here and there, this AMAZING bag is just what I'm talking about, matched up with a dip dye style tea dress with a neat white collar and cuffs, this dress is almost perfect for the winter to spring cross over. The only criticism i have with this piece (sorry) is trainers with dresses. Lily Allen did it a few years ago and everybody thought it was the new BIG thing, i think personally if you're going to make an effort to wear a lovely dress and a pineapple then you should really just throw on a pair of dainty brogues or at a push, Dr Martens. 







To sum up this amazing collection, i find the colour combinations exhilarating, it was better than what i expected from Moschino. I'm happy to see that classics such as the midi skirt and tea dress are still hitting the catwalks this spring/summer. I love the absolute randomness of the pineapple inserts into the entire collection, it really is worth checking out. Like i said, my only criticism is the trainers on the catwalk, not a fan.

Hope you found it an interesting read and carry on following to see what other high-lights i stumble upon. 
Thanks my darlings.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment