Saturday 10 August 2013

Hanging out with a dear old friend.

For months i have been waiting for the  arrival of a very dear friend of mine, he is my absolute best boy mate and he came to visit England from Canada, Toronto. Not to just see me though, he has family and friends here because he grew up in my hometown. I've known Adam since i was 12 and we've been close ever since. His mom and stepdad decided to move to Toronto when he was 18, which was heartbreaking for me but pretty exciting for him as he attended an amazing art university over there. I genuinely thought id never see him again but true to his word he visits pretty much once a year. His gorgeous twin sister Nat stayed in England and went to Leeds uni so that's pretty much the obvious reasons for his visits but he always makes time for me when he's here.

He only had a two week visit this year so he came to Leicester for the day. We hung out all day, went town so he could pick up some of the boyish British stuff he can only get here and then we had Ed's Diner milkshake. Now if you've never been to an Ed's and had milkshake you are seriously missing out. Its the cutest American diner, complete with red leather booths and juke boxes. The milkshakes are made with ice cream and are favoured with syrup. I had coffee flavour as usual, Adz had banana. We sat and chatted for ages then headed to the pub. After grabbing some drinks and playing some pool, which i lost appallingly we headed home to go meet Joe. I was nervous about Adam meeting my boyfriend for the first time because he's such a brotherly figure, i kinda freaked and thought what if he hated him? Instantly they became friends and sat there talking about trainers and cars. YAWN. When Steph and her boyfriend Luke got home we headed out to Ask Italian and stuffed our faces, drank wine and laughed till it was dark. 

The night wasn't over though, we met up with some other friends spontaneously after dinner and decided to go to this little field by my house that had a brook and a tire swing. We grabbed some drinks and firewood on the way. After a few attempts at making a campfire we finally got it started and it was amazing, sat round playing music and drinking. The perfect way to spend time with everyone. When it eventually got to 1am we called it a night because Adam was going London early the next day.




Saying goodbye to him is always hard because it just doesn't feel like he ever left, there's never awkward silences to fill, we just chat and laugh like we've always done. We always message each other and whenever I'm in a rut about something, Adz is always the first person to help. I see him as a brother and he ain't never leaving my life! Me and Joe are gonna try visit him in Toronto next year, it'd be an amazing trip and he'd know all the best places to go! I've always thought if you try hard at long distance friendships they do work out, i really can't imagine ever falling out with someone because they live too far away.
Hope everyone had a wonderful sun filled adventure Monday like i did! :)
Thanks for reading
Love Madison

(I was actually meant to post this just before holiday and totally forgot! The next post i do will be complete Mexican madness so keep an eye out!)

2 comments:

  1. Y'all had the most American day I could ever think of! Milkshakes at a diner and then swinging at a creek? You just became so southern Madison. You might as well move to Louisianna now.

    But seriously, it sounds like a super fun day.

    Little Red Umbrellas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! :D I'd love to have that accent, it's my fave :) it was an amazing day thankyou! The creek is so lovely in the summer :)

      Delete